Rapid Reporting component of the FRCR 2B is indeed a reflection of your normal day to day reporting session. Think like this, 'How often do I spend more than a minute in reporting a plain film on PACS?', not very often........think !!!
So time is not an issue, even though the college gives you 35 mins, you can finish this component in 25-30 mins. This of-course is achievable but with practice and sound technique.
Most important technique is to 'Have a Routine' at looking at each body part in a set pattern.
Do it the same way every time and go through each case in a systematic approach and check review areas.
For example; always start looking at the ankle for Talar dome OCD on AP, followed by fibula# on lateral projection and then # base of the 5th MT before doing anything else with the case.
Make-up your own list for each body part, i have uploaded my technique 'An approach to RR' if you need a start.
Practise, practise and practise.............this goes a long way .....and .....all the way !!!
How to use RR Sets on DICOM Viewer
RR Sets are published as DICOM sets
You can practice them either using OsiriX viewer (Mac) or RadiAnt viewer (PC)
This will simulate the examination with ability to zoom, pan, window and other PACS features
1. PC users: download and install RadiAnt viewer: http://www.radiantviewer.com
2. Mac users: download and install OsiriX:
Latest version for latest Mac OS-Mavericks: http://www.osirix-viewer.com/ContributionOsiriX.html
Older versions for older Mac OS: http://www.osirix-viewer.com/OldVersions.html
3. Download the RR Set Zip file (do not click view, click download) and the answersheet
4. Save it on Desktop or anywhere you like on your computer.
5. Always use a mouse to practice, no matter how tech-savvy you are !
6. Launch RadiAnt (PC) or OsiriX (Mac)
7. Drag and drop the downloaded RR Set to RadiAnt Viewer or OsiriX
8. Set clock and start your test
9. Check your answers
10. It's that simple !!!
Dr Sameer Shamshuddin